Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday came...and went.

NO WNYC today...no problem. Like i have said, i usually only use for recreation and to learn stuff, so it isn't essential to my existence. IS facebook essential to anyone's existence? Is the cell phone? Would giving up facebook, my cell phone, my computer, my car, hot water, the microwave oven be as easy. Let's consider these.

I don't use facebook anymore, becuase I discovered most people, including me, do not use it for what it is best designed to do. Facebook is not used well to carry on a conversation with your friend down the hall, nor when you post ridicuous comments on someon'e picture or video, nor when you look at the pictures of how wasted your friends got last night. If that's all you use it for, well, your not reaching its potential.

My cell phone is rarely useful. HOnestly, I don't know why i have the darn thing. All my important communication can be done via email, the phone nevers stays charged, and voicemails don't arrive until two days after people record them. I plan on getting rid of it soon.

My computer is essentail to my being able to do work. It is essential in doing research and taking take of imporant correspondence. Is stores my contact list, my calender, which i check and add to daily, my music, and tv shows i downloaded to watch whenever. I could go without it, and I have, but it makes me more organized.

I have gone without my car for weeks at a time, and it is a huge time waster. in addition, i miss many opportunities without it: lectures, meetings, i'm late to work, and i lose the ability to run my errands efficiently. DO i like spending money on gas, no, but efficiency has its price.

Hot water, do i need it? Maybe not, but it helps fight the cold in OCtober.

And i love the microwave because it prepares my popcorn.


Anyone else have something poignant to say? Oh, it is so refreshing to have feedback from people. Especially when it is not well thought out. I do love to hear people tell me i'm wrong...Its the greatest thing ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment